Thank you Aieshi Jain for nominating me for this challenge. Check out her post for the same:
I had fun whilst working on this post. I believe self introspection is important once in a while. I urge you to attempt this challenge!
Here’s all that you have to do:-
- Mention if you were nominated by someone or decided to take up the challenge on your own
- Write your own list of twelve things that make you different and proud (and odd maybe?!!)
- On your post, put a link to this post. This is where the challenge starts from
- Use the hashtag #12ThingsThatMakeMeDifferent&Proud
- Be sure to write these five rules on your post. Including the note.
- Once you are done with your content and it is published, copy paste the link to your 12 things post into the comments section of the original post:
Note: Nominations are completely optional. If you want to nominate anyone specifically, feel free to tag them and inform them. My purpose is to spread the message. I really, really do encourage nominations, thats surely a better way to promote and let people know. If you choose to nominate, please tag at least three. But keeping in mind the discomfort many bloggers have about the same, there’s no pressure 🙂
(I am nominating as many people as I can. Everyone will be informed through my comment on their posts. Please don’t wait to be nominated if the idea appeals to you. There’s no judging, just post your link in this post’s comments so that I can read yours)
I am going to keep this post short and sweet (which brings me to my first point). I don’t know if these 12 things make me different from others but they are from a genuine place.
1. I am short and sweet. One of my acquaintances at college was hesitant to trust me because she misconstrued my kindness to be plastic. Apparently I was too nice to be true. She is now one of my closest buddy!
2. I apologise profusely. I lived in London for about 6 years during the early stages of my life. I did my kindergarten in London. My school stressed on the importance of saying the phrases thank you, sorry no worries and other social protocols whenever required. My mother once told me that I used to cry whenever someone forgot to say sorry or thank you to me. RUDE PEOPLE MAKEME CRY.
3. I love animals. I refused eat all forms of meat during my childhood because I didn’t want to hurt any animal. My parents then indoctrinated me into saying that God creates a separate set of animals for humans to devour. These animals have no pain receptors and don’t really have a life. I believed this theory till second grade! I was vegetarian for a year or so and then succumbed to mutton biryani.
4. I am an unapologetic first bencher. I love taking down notes and colour coding them.
5. I saw a lot of fox on the streets whilst growing up in London. I vividly remember breaking down and screaming, “I want to cuddle and bring the fox back to life.” Whenever, I saw a dead fox on the road.
6. I give a mental nickname to all the street animals and cars in my colony.
7. I tend to overthink and overanalyse everything. I am a kind of person who thinks why someone replied with only one laughing emoticon to my text. Did he/she get offended with my joke? Are they mad at me?
8. I love my eyelashes. I stare at my own eyelashes whenever I look in the mirror.
9. The following are three places that I must visit every time I stroll in a shopping complex
• Hamleys: Yes, I am 18 years old and I refuse to stop liking stuffed animals
10. I am unfamiliar with automobile jargon and other technical information (the mileage of a car or the functioning of its engine) but there is something about cars that I really love. I have a thing for vintage cars.
11. I love taking BuzzFeed quizzes. The quiz can be titled, your favourite pizza topping will determine the cause of your death and I will still take it.
12. I check my bag every 2 minutes. I am afraid I will lose my belongings or something will fall out it. I have this phobia of letting the car windows open because I strangely believe that my belongings inside the car will fly out the car.
Below are my nominations: