I am escatic and honoured to be nominated by Aieshi Jain for the Sunshine Blogger award. I would like to thank Aieshi Jain for appreciating my work and thinking it is worthy enough for the Versatile Blogger award in the past and currently the Sunshine Blogger award.
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 8 -11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
Here I answer the questions I’ve been asked:
1. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
My strong sense of intuition and kindness.
2. Which is the craziest thing in your bucket list?
I am not really an adventurous person. I hope to run an animal shelter of my own in the future.
3. Who is your favourite blogger on WordPress and why?
This is a really tough question! Every blogger has his/her style of writing that sets him/her apart. Mistella is definitely one of my favourite. I like the way their blog’s title was derived. I like the diversity of topics that the blog touches upon, from friendship to eternal love. The words weave in beautifully and when read aloud is music to the ears.
4. What is the one thing you love the most about WordPress?
I love the fact that an individual can broaden his/her perspective via blog posts irrespective of geographical and cultural boundaries.
I believe every individual is a writer. We all are writers but we possess unique and different styles of writing. WordPress is an excellent platform to facilitate, encourage and promote all styles of writing.
5. Would you ever date a writer?
I do not base my decision of dating someone solely by his profession or hobby so I cannot really answer this question. However, I am drawn to writing that incorporates an appropriate amount of satire and humour. If the style of writing reflects his true self then it surely is a bonus!
6. How would you define love?
I believe love is getting lost it the right direction.
I strongly subscribe to the quote below:
“The happiest things and the most painful things usually come from love.”
– Katrina Kaif
7. Tell any five things that your readers don’t know. Five weird/funny things.
I hope my readers do not unsubscribe after reading these:
• I have a deranged habit of googling everything on incognito. It can be the recipe of my favourite dish or the schedule of a cricket tournament.
• I doodle on my nails and palms to alleviate stress. You can spot me peeling fevicol off my hands during the exam season.
• I decide my earings and other accessories before I decide upon the dress. I see what dress matches with my earings and not the other way round.
• My voice is high pitched and squeaky like Bernadette from Big Bang Theory. It is believed that a bar of chocolate has the power to destress but it has a rather different effect on me. Chocolate deepens my voice, so I always record myself speaking after eating a bar of chocolate. I know I sound crazy and irrational but it always happens.
• I respond to my friends via memes and gifs whilst texting.
8. Name one weakness that you have but are particularly proud of.
My ability to forgive and appreciate the good in everything.
9. Out of the many problems that the world faces, which issue do you think needs to be tackled first?
I think we need to curb population and focus on quality of life. I believe quality entails education, equality, social relationships, career opportunities and socio-economic freedom. An optimum population size reduces the stress on economic and environmental resources.
10. If all the money in the world is re-distributed equally, would poverty be eradicated?
I think it would be temporary and short-lived. The economy will move back to square one unless there are strategies implemented to re-distribute access to skill development, education and employment opportunities more equally.
P.S I am no Adam Smith or John Keynes. I might be wrong!
11. What is one common misconception people have about your country?
There are 22 official languages in India and Indian is definitely not one of them.
Please find below the bloggers I have nominated for the same:
“>Musings of a shadow
Here are your eleven questions. I hope they do not consume a lot of your time.
1. What motivated you to blog?
2. What would be your first policy if you were to be the Prime minster/ President of your country?
3. What WordPress challenge of your own would you create and promote? For example, the daily quote challenge
4. What is soul animal?
5. Do you think money buys happiness or a better quality of misery?
6. What stimulates your creative juices?
7. Do you believe in karma and luck?
8. What is the most underrated profession?
9. In your opinion, what is the biggest threat to human civilisation?
10. Love is blind. Do you agree with this statement?
11. According to you, what is the difference in being educated and being literate?